This was a fun week. It started out well when my Faux Book Club ladies and I saw Magic Mike on Sunday at the Lux theater in Foxborough, MA. Lux means you sit in big fancy leather chairs with a button to page a waitress who will bring you whatever you want to eat and drink during the movie. My panini sure beat popcorn and you can’t beat having a glass of wine while viewing Magic Mike’s eye candy!
Anyways, back to my Top 5 Laughs:
1. Seeing Magic Mike with 5 other girlfriends, despite the second half of the movie getting rather dark and depressing, the first half makes you want to go out on the town with your friends and have lots of laughs. Moms totally need more nights out.
2. My friend Kelly loaned us her son’s walker for Sidney because I thought she would enjoy a little independence cruising around the house while I’m cooking dinner and doing other things. So far, she gets angry and goes only in reverse– but goofball Jackson loves it and scoots around acting like a baby. I guess the plus size of beng a “failure to thrive” toddler is that weight limits don’t matter!
3. That same friend Kelly also dropped off a couple of chocolate cupcakes the other night (sabotaging my diet, perhaps?) for my husband and Jackson. My husband’s lasted approximately 5 seconds and Jackson dug into his right away. About 5 minutes after the cupcake delivery, I saw that Sidney had something dark all over her face and body. That couldn’t possibly be poop, could it? I made my husband check it out and thankfully it was Jackson’s cupcake’s chocolate frosting– which she had attacked and apparently enjoyed! I tried to upload the picture and it’s just not going to happen because my blog is giving some sort of error. Trust me on this one, it looks like she was covered in poop!
4. I found that little guy darting in and out of traffic while driving home from Target (where else would I be?!) We just had him for about 24 hours until his owner returned home from vacation and saw my Craigslist posting. The cutest thing was Jackson saw him and said “It’s Lambchop!” Lambchop was my sweet pup I had for 13 years before she died in 2009, 3 weeks after Jackson was born. I have no idea how Jackson knew that he was a Jack Russell like my Lamby, but I have to think it was a way of her saying “Hi, Mom!” from heaven.
5. This was by far my favorite part of this week. Sidney has become more and more attached to me, which means bed times are rough. She cries and cries as soon as she gets lowered into her crib. I stay by her and pat her back until she’s asleep, but sometimes she wakes up
pissed crying. The other night I asked my husband to put her back to sleep when she woke up crying. Apparently, in husband-speak that means “get her up, take her to the couch and watch TV.” When I came downstairs after unpacking from our short trip to Story Land, I found this on the couch. My heart seriously exploded into a million pieces. I love those two so much! Also, she looks JUST LIKE HER DAD!!!
BONUS: I am the proud owner of a new minivan. Seriously. I wanted one. Function over looking “cool” at this point as a Mom of 2! I got a Sienna and I honestly feel like I’m driving an Escalade until I get out and remember I’m driving a minivan. Have you ever seen this video: Swagger Wagon? It’s brilliant. I drive a swagger wagon, aww yeah. <side note: I had a company car while selling drugs that was a minivan. As a single 24 year old, so I can certainly rock a minivan as a 31 year old mom of 2 >
Do you have any cute moments from your week? I’d love to hear them! I really love reading your comments and hearing from you. xoxo