- The first expression you made after being born is the same one you use today when upset
- Spending our first weeks together as a pair laying on the couch and cuddling, you curled up perfectly on my chest
- How you were super sensitive as an infant and would cry very easily when your feelings got hurt
- Your first word was Mama and you said it on an airplane to North Carolina. Lucky for the other passengers you repeated it the entire 2 hour flight – loudly
- Your crawl, which consisted of a half “normal” crawl and half crab walk
- Your love of animals, especially your dog Rex
- How you like to dance with your dog when a good song comes on, just like I always have
- You’ve never met a stranger
- Any game using a ball is your favorite and how you don’t understand why you can’t just go on the field and play like the others are
- How we are so lucky that we got to spend the summer of your second year at the pool club with good friends
- Lately, at 21 months, your Dad is your favorite person in the world. All day long I hear about Dada and his car. At what age do you realize a 5 year old Prius isn’t the coolest car in the world? I hope not for a long time
- Your temper is just like mine, I’m sorry for that!
- Your favorite characters are Elmo and Thomas, you’d prefer to wear clothing with them on it 24/7, with your yellow rain boots of course
- Your love of reading and how you “read” your books and always manage to incorporate Dada & Mama into the book, even if you are pointing out the pigs. Oh well.
- Your animal sounds are the best, especially a pig, which sounds more like a grunt than an oink.
You’ve grown up so fast, I hope I can cherish these memories forever. You’re life is about to change a lot in the next couple of months, but my hope for you is that you have an amazing relationship with your little sister.
All my love,