Before I had children, I never realized how quickly your home is taken over by children’s gear: toys, clothing and furniture. Not all of it is a necessity but some things are: a crib (well, that’s even up for debate with co-sleeping) and a high-chair when the baby starts eating solids. When I was pregnant with Jackson, I researched baby gear until I thought I had read every review book and blog out there. I could have saved myself a lot of time by just talking to my mom friends who had already tried out tons of products with their own kids. If I had done that, I would have learned that the only chair to buy for a child is the Stokke Tripp Trapp® chair.
Had I purchased the award-winning Tripp Trapp first, I would have saved a ton of money on multiple high chairs that didn’t fit our dining room table and booster seats that don’t allow my kids to sit close enough to the table to eat. There are many features of the Tripp Trapp that have convinced me it is the only chair to own for my kids, here are a few:
- This chair lasts. Children can use the Tripp Trapp from infancy through adulthood (it has a weight limit of 300 lbs)
- It’s unique ergonomic design allows the child to sit securely and comfortably
- The 5-point harness is easy to snap on and off, no more finagling to get baby legs into the harness
- It allows your child to sit at the table and sit alongside the rest of the family, not towering above the table like most other high-chairs
- It is beautiful! This chair is a gorgeous piece of furniture that I will gladly keep at our table, it fits right in with our mission style dining room set (we have the Walnut color Tripp Trapp)
- Comes in 11 different colors
- Easy to put together, it only took about 20 minutes!
- Simple to adjust for your growing child, I know I’m not going to have to jump through a million hoops to adjust it after growth spurts
- Accessories are available to make it your own style: a baby set, cushion, tray & table top
- Easy to clean and maintain
- 7 year warranty on wooden components and registration at www.stokke.com entitles the owner to a 7-year Extended Warranty
I first learned about the Stokke brand before I had children. A friend had her infant son in a Stokke Xplory® stroller and I thought it was the coolest thing ever. He sat up high in the Xplory and wasn’t staring at people’s knees while strolling. Then, after a long day ata 4th of July BBQ she was able to adjust the Xplory for him to easily fall and stay asleep. My first experience with the Stokke brand was one as a non-parent and now that I have 2 children, I’m constantly impressed with Stokke.
I wish I had known about the Stokke Tripp Trapp chair before I spent so much money on multiple high-chairs and boosters. While the Tripp Trapp has an initial investment of $249, it will outlast any other high-chair and will be a piece of furniture that can be proudly used forever. If you’re pregnant and need to buy a high-chair, please, save your money and invest in a Tripp-Trapp- you won’t be sorry!
You can find out more about Stokke & Tripp Trapp here:
- Tripp Trapp at Stokke.com
*I was provided product in order to facilitate the review, but as always, my honest opinions are my own*