I started Thankful Thursdays on the blog a few years ago and it was always my favorite day of the week to write. There is something about Thursdays that means I always am due for a reminder of how good life is (it’s no coincidence our Faux Book Club meets on Thursdays as well). Thursdays just need a little more love.
Now that we are in the second week of 2014, I am happy to commit to bringing back Thankful Thursdays every week, complete with a link up for my blogger friends. Link ups are fun tools to read about each other’s gratitude in an easy way, just check the bottom of this post to see what other bloggers have linked up to. If you don’t have a blog of your own, please feel free to jot a couple of things you’re thankful for in the comment section below. It’s a wonderful feeling to write down some of the many things you have to be grateful for, give it a try!
Here are a few of the many things I am grateful for this week:
- The surprise wedding of a great friend. We showed up for an engagement party and were greeted by a sign letting us know there was going to be a WEDDING. TONIGHT. It was such an amazing night filled with love, friendship and dancing. The guys may or may not have had too many shots as well (who thought taking a shot every hour on the hour was a good idea) 😉
- My girlfriends. Never underestimate the importance of loyal, genuine girlfriends. I am so blessed to have these ladies I’m proud to call my friends.
- Health. I’m grateful that my family is healthy.
- Going Facebook-free. I should have done this sooner because it has freed up so much of my life to focus on the important things and people in my life. It’s been fun to reconnect with friends via old-fashioned telephone calls or emails instead of just “liking” their latest update. I realize Facebook is a wonderful tool and many people can use it moderately but at this point in my life, I’m not one of those- maybe someday…
- Books. Since I’m spending less time lurking on Facebook I’ve picked up more books (well, my Kindle actually) and have enjoyed getting lost in other’s words. I’ve also been using the public library and downloading tons of FREE ebooks for my trip to Florida this weekend, which brings me to my next point of gratitude…
- My husband: my partner, best friend and amazing father to our children. One of my Christmas presents was a trip to my hometown in Florida sans family. Moms can truly appreciate what a gift that is. I’m thrilled that my girlfriend Vicky will be flying down with me and I’ll get to show her around my hometown.
Please join me in Thankful Thursday by commenting or linking up using the inLinkz tool at the bottom of this post, thank you!
To add this link up to your own blog, please grab the code here. If you’d like to use the image at the top of this post, please click on it for a high resolution download