My morning started off at 5am with a horrid smell wafting through our bedroom. Was a skunk in our bedroom? Was it Rex? What the heck is going on? We got up and let Rex out and according to his crazy barking, there was a skunk around our house. Fortunately he didn’t get sprayed, but I swear that awful skunk smell is stuck in my nose. Yuck.
It’s still a great day. It’s Fall, the leaves are vibrant colors of red, orange and yellow, and the air is crisp. I’m getting the kids packed up to head over to our new YMCA and let them play in their indoor splash pad. I’m hoping that Jackson will get more comfortable with the water if we “play” more in the water than just force swimming lessons on him.
It’s Thursday and this what I am thankful for:
- a wonderful group of family & friends who were able to join us on Sunday to celebrate Sidney’s first birthday
- having a baby that actually enjoys eating (seeing her face light up when she’s ice cream is priceless also, as I typed this I found her eating a paper towel)
- a faux book club that gets together once a month to do fun things (like pole dancing lessons!! <tonight!>)
- a Keurig that whips up a hot cup of pumpkin spice coffee in 30 seconds
- healthy kids and a pediatrician who I love & respect (Sidney’s 1 year visit was yesterday, update to come)
- health. Next Tuesday is the minor surgery to get those moles off and I can’t wait to get rid of them.
What are you thankful for this week? Leave a comment and let us know or link up to your Thankful Thursday post below– I LOVE reading about everyone’s blessings!
get the InLinkz code