I caught my kids’ horrible cold, which they caught from my Mom, who caught it from a lovely stranger on the flight to Rhode Island from Florida. Tis’ the season, right?
We are spending the day by the fireplace, snuggled under blankets watching lots of movies, wishing for this bug to leave our house soon. Even though I’m under the weather, I am still thankful on this Thursday. Here we go:
- I’m thankful for the technology to be able to text my Grandma who is in the hospital. I can send her pictures of her great grandkids and I love hearing how much it cheers her up to see them. I’m praying she gets out soon and feels back to herself.
- I’m thankful for etsy shops like Announciation who make custom wine glasses that say “Real Housewives of *your town*” Such a fun gift for the girlfriends in your life, especially paired with the custom social media app wine glass charms from Essentiles.
- Mucinex and Dayquil are my best friends this week. I can’t imagine being this sick without relief from symptoms, ouch!
- Flavored holiday coffees like Spicy Eggnog and Golden French Toast, yum!
- My two “mon chi chis” (as Jen would say) who make me smile every day.
- Girlfriends. I was out way too late last night at my friend’s house with great friends to celebrate a birthday. I knew I would pay for it today (which I am), but it is totally worth it for all of the laughs. Friends and family are what this life is all about.
What are you thankful for this week? This is one of the most stressful times of year, so take a minute for yourself to remember what you have to be grateful for. All of us have something to be grateful for.
Put this link up on your own blog