This was a rollercoaster week. We started it off with Sidney’s repeat neck X-rays, got a good report, had a ton of awesome playdates and ended with a family walk around our new neighborhood- which brings me to our first laugh.
1. While the entire family was out walking tonight, we ran into friends/neighbors of ourse. They were on their way to do some shopping, when their 5 year old daughter shouted to me from the back seat “Hey Joanna, do you want to come over and have some wine?” She is too darn cute and is already the best hostess.
2. Another laugh happened today while I was driving through Dunkin Donuts to get some donuts and coffee for our playdate with Megan from A Baby Makes Four. As soon as the Dunkin lady asked what I wanted, Jackson shouted at the TOP OF HIS LUNGS from the back seat “chicken nuggets and french fries!!!!” It was hard to explain through my laughter to J that they didn’t serve that at 9:30 in the morning, but when I asked what he wanted he told me “coffee.” I promise my 2 year old has never had coffee, but it was cute nonetheless.
3. A cute moment: this morning (seriously- Friday was the best day this week!) Sidney looked at her Dad while we were still in bed and said “HI DADA.” Then I died. And said “no way, she did not say Dada.” Greg smiled at her, totally elated that he was her first word, when she looked right at him and said, *clear as day* “Dada.”
4. A fun time this week was our Rhode Island Mom Bloggers dinner we had in East Greenwich on Monday night. It was so fun to catch up with other Rhody Mom Bloggers and meet new friends. Also, there must be a “Mom Blogger” look, because as soon as I walked in, one of the waiters looked at me and pointed to the room we were meeting in. I didn’t even have a computer, I swear.
5. Another really cute moment was in our Rock-a-Baby class on Wednesday and while Jackson was super shy and burying his head into me, Sidney was jamming to the music and shaking her thang. It was a blast seeing her get into the music!
How was your week? Join the bloghop & link up over at Melissa’s blog, “The Mommyhood Chronicles.” I’d love to read about your Top 5 Laughs!!