Changing a diaper on the go is never fun. Honestly, changing a diaper anywhere isn’t fun but throw in a squirmy, poop-covered newborn (or toddler) and my anxiety level shoots through the roof. I usually end up in a Target bathroom with an epic blow out, baby’s clothes ruined and all I have in my giant, never-ending diaper bag is a bag of broken up goldfish and one wipe. Then I have to lay my baby down on the filthy changing table and use paper towels to wipe him or her and put a pair of pants on that are 6 months too small.
The patemm® pad can save you from ever having to do that again. I first saw a patemm® pad on a ski trip with friends a few months ago. A savvy Mom-friend whipped out her patemm® pad in the living room to change her son’s diaper. She walked out with this tiny square and unfolded it into a roomy circle pad where she laid her toddler. In every “corner” of the pad was tucked the essentials: diapers, wipes and a change of clothes. She quickly (and sanitarily) changed his diaper, folded it back up into itself and was good to go. Meanwhile, I had my bottomless pit of a diaper bag which had a couple of wipes, *maybe* a diaper and certainly no changing pad. I was intrigued and she answered all my questions about it. A few weeks later she emailed me and said she had an extra- did I want it? “Yes!” A few days later I became a proud patemm® pad owner.
All of my good friends know I am “usually” ill-prepared in the diaper-changing department. I know Becca is nodding right now as she reads this because she *always* saves me at the pool club when I’m short a swim diaper or wipes. That won’t happen now, because I keep a patemm® pad in my car, fully stocked with spare clothes, diapers and wipes. When we go on a Target run or out to eat, I grab the patemm® and go.
Patemm® pad sent me their new limited-edition print, the beautiful “broadway bamboo” to review. This pattern is described as
“sage green, light blue, and chocolate brown. cpsia-certified laminated cotton/wipe down to clean and machine-washable. limited edition. bamboo motif”
These are some of the uses I have found for the patemm® pad:
- Keep one in the car, fully stocked, for errands/car diaper changes/dining out
- I keep one in the downstairs of our house (no changing table down there) to change both kids’ diapers instead of going upstairs. The last thing I want on our rug is baby poop and the patemm® can be easily wiped down if anything gets “messy”
- Taking one on playdates is nice for babies who spit up, I’d much rather Sidney lay on that with her history of random projectile vomit than my friend’s new carpet
- It’s unconventional, but it is the perfect, round size to sit underneath my exersaucer and protect our new hardwood floors when Sidney bounces around
- We have spending much more time outside now that it is warming up, so I just lay the patemm® down on the grass and Sidney can enjoy the weather too without laying on the itchy grass
I’m really excited that a lucky Baby Gators Den reader has the opportunity to win a patemm® pad <US residents only>. If you’d like to own one now, head over to patemm.com and enter the coupon code “babygatorsden” for 20% off <valid until June 30, 2012>.
Thank you to patemm® pad (a Rhode Island company!!!) for offering this giveaway and providing me with a sample to review! Good luck!!