1. What did you do in 2014 that you’d never done before?
Learned how to play ice hockey!
2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
Just like last year, I don’t remember what my resolutions were but I know that 2014 was a big year for personal growth. I’m glad for all of life’s lessons I learned in 2014. No “resolutions” for me this year, but a friend shared a great article on Facebook that I thought was especially meaningful: 15 things to stop doing in 2015.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
YES! One of my oldest friends, Angie, gave birth to a handsome little boy, my faux book club bestie Beth gave birth to an adorable boy, Xavier, my friend Erica had a cutie named Quinn, my BC friend Mandi had her third boy, JJ, and my friend Elizabeth just had a gorgeous little girl named Grace (one of my all-time favorite girl names). Lots of babies in 2014, such wonderful blessings!
4. Did anyone close to you die?
One of the most beautiful people I knew, inside and out, passed away a few weeks ago after a short but courageous battle against gastric cancer. She leaves behind two wonderful little boys and a loving husband. 🙁
5. What countries did you visit?
Stayed in the good old USA!
6. What would you like to have in 2015 that you lacked in 2014?
2014 was a wonderful year, I’d like for all my family and friends to stay healthy.
7. What dates from 2014 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
The first day I skiied with my son for the first time (one of the best times I’ve ever had) and the day I learned my Grandma D had terminal lung cancer.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Seeing my kids turn into lovely little people with hearts of gold.
9. What was your biggest failure?
Spending too much time worrying about doors that have closed.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Nothing major, thankfully, just the occasional cold and flu. I did sprain a back ligament during a Spartan Race in August, that was a bummer.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
Skis for the kids & myself.
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
Man, I am so grateful for some of the most amazing girlfriends one could ever hope for.
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
I’m learning to not let other people’s behavior affect my feelings.
14. Where did most of your money go?
My kids. WORTH IT.
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Skiing with family and learning how to play ice hockey.
16. What song will always remind you of 2014?
Taylor Swift’s “Shake it Off.”
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
a) happier or sadder? Happier b) thinner or fatter? More muscular, maybe a little extra fat thanks to the holidays c) richer or poorer? same
18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
Staying on top of organization and laundry more (again x 2).
19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
20. How did you spend Christmas?
With family at my in-laws!
21. Did you fall in love in 2014?
More in love with my husband (again, after 7.5 years of marriage).
22. What was your favorite TV program?
23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
No, thank God. Life’s too short to hate. <– same as the past 4 years.
24. What was the best book you read?
Me Before You by Jojo Moyes.
25. What was your greatest musical discovery?
The Songza app!
26. What did you want and get?
Some great trips with friends and familty.
27. What did you want and not get?
28. What was your favorite film of this year?
We watched Big Hero 6 twice, cute movie.
29. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
September 16th I turned 34 and I went to Blackie’s with my bestie Heather.
30. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
My friends and family not having any health issues.
31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2014?
32. What kept you sane?
Family and friends, my kids.
33. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
This year I’m taking the crown away from Ryan Reynolds and giving it to Jax Teller from Sons of Anarchy (same as last year)
34. What political issue stirred you the most?
People hating law enforcement.
35. Who did you miss?
My family in Florida, mostly my Mom. <– same as the past 4 years. I also terribly miss my best friend Cari, who moved back to Florida after her beloved husband passed away from brain cancer last year. I miss the four of us and the amazing friendship we shared.
36. Who was the best new person you met?
That would be my friend, Elizabeth!
37. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2014.
Life is too short to sweat the small stuff. Enjoy every day. <– same as the past 4 years, but it’s the truth and I need to remind myself this every morning.
38. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
Pretty much all of Pharrel’s “Happy.”