HAPPY NEW YEAR!
1. What did you do in 2012 that you’d never done before?
Lost a dear friend. 🙁
2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I think I did a better job this year sticking with my resolutions but there is always room for improvement.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Yes! My friends Heather, Elena and Becca.
4. Did anyone close to you die?
Yes, see #1.
5. What countries did you visit?
6. What would you like to have in 2013 that you lacked in 2012?
Better news for family and friends.
7. What dates from 2012 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
December 14th. The tragedy of Sandy Hook weighs heavy on my heart, every single day.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
I’d say finally losing the baby weight.
9. What was your biggest failure?
Not keeping up on blogging as much as I would have liked, or learning more about my camera.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Thankfully no, just the skin cancer thing.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
Umm, Santa (DH!) brought us an iMac.
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
Jackson, he has really grown up to be a sweet little boy and is finally getting the hang of potty training.
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
A certain family member. I’m always sad when a couple breaks up, especially when there are kids involved. <– last year’s answer and I’m keeping it the same.
14. Where did most of your money go?
Hmmm, probably my “fun” money went to things for the kids or computer/geek stuff.
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
16. What song will always remind you of 2011?
Hey Ho, by The Lumineers
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
a) happier or sadder? Happier
b) thinner or fatter? Thinner
c) richer or poorer? poorer, thanks house!
18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
Staying on top of organization and laundry more. Also, spending more time with family and friends- you can never have enough of that.
19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
20. How did you spend Christmas?
Hosted Wigilia and on Christmas Day went to my husband’s parent’s house.
21. Did you fall in love in 2012?
Yes, all over again with my husband. Cheesy, I know, but it’s true. Children have brought us closer.
22. What was your favorite TV program?
Downton Abbey & Parenthood
23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
No, thank God. Life’s too short to hate. <– same as the past 2 years. True, I may not be big fans of some people, but I don’t hate anyone.
24. What was the best book you read?
Daring Greatly, by Brene Brown.
25. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Not a discovery, but I listened to a lot of Mumford & Sons.
26. What did you want and get?
A minivan, lol.
27. What did you want and not get?
For friends and family to beat cancer.
28. What was your favorite film of this year?
I think the only movie I actually went to the theater for was Magic Mike. Ha!
29. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
September 16th I turned 32. I can’t remember that far back.
30. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
A cure for cancer.
31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2012?
I think I wore the uniform of SAHM’s a lot: black yoga pants.
32. What kept you sane?
Family and friends, my sweet babies.
33. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Fancy, as in, I think he is hot? Ryan Reynolds. <– same as the past 2 years.
34. What political issue stirred you the most?
35. Who did you miss?
My family in Florida, mostly my Mom. I miss my Mom being able to pop by to have coffee or going shopping to TJMaxx with. <– same as the past 2 years.
36. Who was the best new person you met?
I’d say my Rhody Blogger ladies.
37. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2012.
Life is too short to sweat the small stuff. Enjoy every day. <– same as the past 2 years, but it’s the truth.
38. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
“Upside Down” by Jack Johnson
I want to turn the whole thing upside down
I’ll find the things they say just can’t be found
I’ll share this love I find with everyone
We’ll sing and dance to Mother Nature’s songs
This world keeps spinning and there’s no time to waste
Well it all keeps spinning spinning round and round and
Who’s to say what’s impossible and can’t be found
I don’t want this feeling to go away
Link up your quiz below!
get the InLinkz code for your own blog