I did this quiz last year and decided to answer the same questions this year. I found myself saying “holy crap, that was last year?” a lot while reading last year’s answers. Time flies at warp speed once you have kids. If you complete this quiz also, please link up using the linky at the bottom of this post! Thanks 🙂
HAPPY NEW YEAR!
1. What did you do in 2011 that you’d never done before?
Had a second baby, a little girl!
2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
For the most part, except for the diet (always starting it tomorrow)
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Yes! My BFF Cari.
4. Did anyone close to you die?
5. What countries did you visit?
Just the good old USA. We did get out to Colorado and Florida though.
6. What would you like to have in 2012 that you lacked in 2011?
Better luck for my friends and family. 2011 sucked for most of them.
7. What dates from 2011 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
October 14th, the day Sidney was born and September 28th, the day we moved into our new house.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Having my daughter!
9. What was your biggest failure?
For the first half of the year, definitely keeping a clean and organized house. I’ve been much better the second half.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Thankfully no, just the occasional cold.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
Our new house!
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
BC Man. He has been a fantastic husband and father of our two children. I’m so lucky to have him as my life partner
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
A certain family member. I’m always sad when a couple breaks up, especially when there are kids involved.
14. Where did most of your money go?
Easy, building a new house.
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Having a baby girl, a shopping partner in crime.
16. What song will always remind you of 2011?
Florence + The Machine “Dog Days are Over”
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
a) happier or sadder? Happier
b) thinner or fatter? fatter, but the baby weight is coming off soon!
c) richer or poorer? poorer, thanks house!
18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
Exercise. <– same as last year’s quiz
19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
Sitting around on the computer, doing nothing. <– same as last year’s quiz
20. How did you spend Christmas?
Hosted Wigilia and on Christmas Day went to BC Man’s Aunt & Uncle’s house.
21. Did you fall in love in 2010?
Yes, with my daughter!
22. What was your favorite TV program?
Revenge and Dexter.
23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
No, thank God. Life’s too short to hate. <– same as last year’s quiz
24. What was the best book you read?
The Steve Jobs Bio (I didn’t do much reading apparently)
25. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Florence + The Machine
26. What did you want and get?
We built our dream home!
27. What did you want and not get?
For our friend’s brain tumor to go away.
28. What was your favorite film of this year?
What’s a film? Seriously, I don’t think I went to any this year!
29. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
September 16th I turned 31. I can’t remember that far back.
30. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
For there to be a cure for our friend’s brain tumor.
31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2010?
Much less designer than 2009. Ann Taylor turns Target yoga pants. <– same as last year!
32. What kept you sane?
Good friends and family
33. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Fancy, as in, I think he is hot? Ryan Reynolds. <– same as last year!
34. What political issue stirred you the most?
Ugh, healthcare reform.
35. Who did you miss?
My family in Florida, mostly my Mom. I miss my Mom being able to pop by to have coffee or going shopping to TJMaxx with. <– same as last year!
36. Who was the best new person you met?
My friend Heather and the other Faux Book Club ladies that joined our group.
37. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2011.
Life is too short to sweat the small stuff. Enjoy every day. <– same as last year!
38. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
summer has come and passed
the innocent can never last
wake me up when September ends
“Wake Me Up When September Ends,” by Green Day
Because 2011 has been so horrible to my friends, I’d love for a fresh new year for us all.