1. What did you do in 2013 that you’d never done before?
2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I don’t even remember what I said I would do last year. I’m not going to make resolutions, instead I’m going to focus on living life with no resolutions and live the life of wonder. If you have a couple of minutes to read the best thing I’ve read about resolutions, check out the post from Francesca Biller here. My favorite line is:
Forgive yourself for this year, for all of your transgressions and seeming failures. Because you are alive, they are all miracles for you.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
My friend Lisa and her sweet baby boy! It was earlier in the year though so it took me a little while to remember, it seems like he has always been part of their family 🙂
4. Did anyone close to you die?
5. What countries did you visit?
Stayed in the good ol’ homeland. We did visit Utah and Florida.
6. What would you like to have in 2014 that you lacked in 2013?
More time enjoying family and friends. Less time sweating crap.
7. What dates from 2013 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Turning around my health and fitness, alongside my husband.
9. What was your biggest failure?
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
11. What was the best thing you bought?
I got an iPad mini back in April and it’s made itself a valuable member of my technology fam.
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
Both kids and my husband. Jackson has settled into preschool very well and Sidney is developing into a feisty young lady. My husband and I have grown closer than ever and I’m thankful every day for him. He also won an award for top in his field for three years in a row, so awesome.
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
Some people suck. The good news is I have so many amazing friends that far outweigh the jerks.
14. Where did most of your money go?
Hmm. CrossFit gear.
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Running a Spartan Race, twice!
16. What song will always remind you of 2013?
Blurred Lines, of course.
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
a) happier or sadder? Happier
b) thinner or fatter? Thinner (more muscular, which is more important)
c) richer or poorer? same
18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
Staying on top of organization and laundry more (again). Also, spending more time with family and friends- you can never have enough of that (same as last year)
19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
20. How did you spend Christmas?
Hosted Wigilia and on Christmas Day went to my husband’s parent’s house.
21. Did you fall in love in 2013?
More in love with my husband.
22. What was your favorite TV program?
Sons of Anarchy & Downton Abbey.
23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
No, thank God. Life’s too short to hate. <– same as the past 3 years. True, I may not be big fans of some people, but I don’t hate anyone.
24. What was the best book you read?
25. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Reiki radio on Pandora.
26. What did you want and get?
To get my health and fitness back up to speed.
27. What did you want and not get?
For no drama, lol.
28. What was your favorite film of this year?
FROZEN! Seriously my favorite Disney movie yet.
29. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
September 16th I turned 33 and we went to my all time favorite restaurant, Gracie’s.
30. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2013?
Gym clothes and CrossFit gear.
32. What kept you sane?
Family and friends, my kids.
33. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
This year I’m taking the crown away from Ryan Reynolds and giving it to Jax Teller from Sons of Anarchy.
34. What political issue stirred you the most?
Gay marriage. Sorry but I think everyone should be able to marry.
35. Who did you miss?
My family in Florida, mostly my Mom. <– same as the past 3 years. I also terribly miss my best friend Cari, who moved back to Florida after her beloved husband passed away from brain cancer last year. I miss the four of us and the amazing friendship we shared.
36. Who was the best new person you met?
I’d say my No Risk CrossFit crew, especially Katie & Keidy!
37. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2013.
Life is too short to sweat the small stuff. Enjoy every day. <– same as the past 3 years, but it’s the truth and I need to remind myself this every morning.
38. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
I love Jack Johnson’s new album and this is one of my favorite lyrics from his new song “I Got You:”
This weight’s too much alone
Some days I can’t hold it at all
You take it on for me
When tomorrow’s too much
I’ll carry it all
I’ve got you