My friend Veronica, from Crunchy VT Mommy, tagged me in a survey yesterday. Honestly, I usually forget to respond to these things, but since I’m trying to be a better blogger I am going to participate.
4 Things in my Handbag:
1. My iPhone (I never leave home without it!)
2. All of my coupon and gift cards, clipped together neatly in my wallet. I totally stole this idea from my friend Beth (@analystmominri) who is the most organized super-shopper I know. She also happens to be Mayor of everything on 4square.
3. Antibiotics, because I’m dealing with my yearly bout of sinusitis & ear infections.
4. An appointment card reminder to schedule an appointment for our dog Rex to see the veterinarian, who also happens to be the best one around AND Greg’s cousin. We love her 🙂
4 Things in/on my Desk:
1. Holiday cards! I’m on top of it this year and Shutterfly already sent them to me. I’m hoping to have them all addressed soon so I can mail them out right after Thanksgiving. My cousin is practically Martha Stewart and she beats me to it every year, although last year I had to wait for Jackson to be born before mailing them out!
2. A desktop computer that is only used by Greg to watch Boston College games when they aren’t on TV. I’d love to get rid of it, but it won’t happen any time soon.
3. Pictures of Jackson that I plan on hanging around the house for his first birthday party. In three weeks. I can’t believe my little peanut will be one year old!
4. A pile of bills and random pieces of paperwork that I need to file away, but instead I like to just add to the pile (which drives Greg crazy!).
4 Favorite Things in my Bedroom:
1. My iPad. The number one reason I never go to sleep before midnight these days, it is perfect to check out the web and read books on!
2. Our clothes steamer. Boring, I know! Greg & I hate to iron so this was probably one of my favorite wedding gifts because it is used all the time to keep us as wrinkle free as possible.
3. My jewelry armoire that has been hidden by Jackson’s pack and play for the past year. I recently rearranged our bedroom furniture and moved it next to my dresser so I can use it more often. I’ve been wearing the same three pieces of jewelry for forever and now I feel like I can shop in my own bedroom.
4. Last but not least, Jackson’s pack and play! It’s a lifesaver for when I want to shower and he can safely play in there since our upstairs is not quite baby-proofed. It is also handy when we try to sleep in a little longer because he will play quietly in there and often snooze himself. He used to sleep in bed with us but is now a crazy man and will leap off the bed if given the chance.
4 Things I Have Always Wanted to Do But Haven’t (yet):
1. Skydive! Although I don’t think I could now that I’m a mother and have little J to worry about…
2. Backpack around Europe. Again, now that I’m a mother this isn’t going to happen. I should have done it after college, but was too concerned with getting a job. I will definitely encourage Jackson to do it if he wishes.
3. Botox. Vain, I know. But the crow’s feet and smile lines are getting deeper and I’d like to look young as long as possible!
4. Road trip with the family to Florida. Maybe drive to Disney one year? I love road trips but haven’t driven longer than 5 hours with the J-Man.
4 Things I Enjoy Very Much at the Moment:
1. Pumpkin spice coffee from our new Keurig Machine.
2. Pretzel M&M’s.
3. Fall weather!
4. Riding boots!
4 Songs I Can’t Get Out of My Head:
4 Things You Did Not Know About Me:
1. I’m a survivor! I lived in the woods as part of an Outward Bound trip for three weeks when I was 15 years old. No showers, really lived in the woods. It changed who I am as a person. I could live off the land if I needed to 🙂
2. I am an equestrian. I showed horses growing up (hunter/jumper) and even rode for the University of Florida Equestrian Team.
3. My shoulder blades are double-jointed and they can stick out like a cat. Poor Jackson was also blessed with this abnormality.
4. I could live off pizza. I ate pizza every day for 40 days straight in college as part of a dare. I would do it again in a heart beat.
Now it is my turn to tag 4 bloggers: