I’ve written about Ipsy (formerly MyGlam Bag) before and they have never disappointed me. My January 2013 Ipsy bag came today and I can’t tell you how happy it makes me to see that hot pink bubble mailer in my mailbox each month!
This is what I got in January’s Ipsy bag- themed “Super Stars,” for ONLY $10 and free shipping!
- Nailtini Straight Up Color Nail Lacquer: the color I got is a bright red called “Bloody Mary,” but it looks like some others were shipped a light pink-I’d be happy with either color but am always a fan of bright red polish. (I got a full sample of .5oz which retails for $13)
- Pacifica Tuscan Blood Orange Mini Body Butter: YUM! This lotion smells amazing and moisturized by dry winter hands very well. The scent reminds me of summers in Florida and that makes me happy. (I received a 2.5 FL oz tube which retails for $7 on the Pacifica web site)
- Josie Maran 100% Pure Argan Oil: I’ve never only used Argan oil a few times on my super-dry cuticles, so I’m pumped about getting a 5mL bottle to try out on all of my dry winter skin.Have you every use Argan oil? what on? I’d love to hear what you have used it for… (I received a 5mL bottle, but the smallest size sold is 15mL for $14, so I’d price this sample out around $4.65)
- Sexy Hair Spray & Play Volumizing Hairspray: I have used this hairspray in the past & like it. It’s not my favorite, but definitely 2nd or 3rd favorite. I was sent a 1.5oz can which is perfect for travel! (retails at Ulta.com for $6)
- SOHO Crease Brush: I got the crease brush while some got an eyeliner or concealer brush. I’m happy with the crease brush because I don’t even know how to apply eyeliner via brush! I only have one other, ancient, crease brush so I’ll be happy to give my old brush a break! (You can purchase this brush at Walgreens for around $8-10)
Adding up the values of this month $10 bag, it comes to a total of approximately $40. Not bad for 10 bucks! If you’re deciding between Birchbox or Ipsy, I’d go for Ipsy. I subscribed to both and have never been disappointed with my Ipsy bags.
What do you think about Ipsy’s January bag?
PS: Ipsy has no idea that I’m writing this review, I just love reading what others got in their bags